As of 18th March 2020, we had to close our PiP centres for the safety of students and staff. In response to the situation, we quickly set up an online timetable with a variety of creative and educational sessions which ran from April – present (September 2020). In-person small group sessions will be starting in a safe way from mid-September. PiP Keyworkers and Managers will be in touch with all students and families/carers.
We are currently offering our students and our community:
- A choice from 25 hours of online sessions every week.
- A limited selection of small group sessions at our W9 or SW1 centre.
- The opportunity to keep in contact with their keyworkers through video meetings, phone calls, emails and texts.
- 1:1 community visits for students unable to access online sessions over the summer.
- Weekly virtual socials where students can have fun and chat to each other.
- Virtual parents evenings; so we can understand how to best support families and carers during this difficult time.
- A compilation of videos, teaching resources and activities ideas over our social media channels.
- Virtual volunteering opportunities for our partners and supporters so they can share their experiences with our students and learn more about learning disabilities and autism.
Resources for families and carers
PiP recognises that these are challenging times for parents and carers and that it is important to keep informed and look after our wellbeing.
We have put together a list of useful information and resources which we hope are helpful at this time.
For more activities ideas, please do reach out to your PiP Key Worker.
For the latest on COVID-19, please check Public Health England for reliable updates.
Students, parents or carers: If you have any questions please contact your key worker or a PiP manager.
Social Workers, commissioners, suppliers or other agencies involved in our students’ support: If you have any queries please contact PiP Head of Services and Development Rick Jensen on 07818 518 945 or PiP Service Manager Adam Pearson on 07824 990 472.